A HISTORIC RIDE TO EVEREST ON ROYAL ENFIELD MOTORCYCLE TIBET- “Roof of the World
This tour starts and finishes in Kathmandu, the capital of Nepal, combining the unique experience of two different countries: Nepal and Tibet region of China. We run 2 tours departing on May and September, every year following the route of Zhangmu, Xigatse and Lhasa via Everest Base Camp (Rungbuk). We provide accommodation in hotel/guesthouse along the way. This tour is collectively referred to as “Royal Enfield Tour” as we use Royal Enfield Bike on this tour.
Tibet is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Normal visits to the Tibet terrain are so extraordinary, that a motorbike tour could be thought of as even more exciting. This motor biking tour to the “roof of the world” will be so thrilling and a lifetime experience. With open roads and White Mountains greeting you, the motor bike experience to Tibet is unlike anything.
You will be on the road for days and will bike from cities to cities leaving behind something extraordinary every half an hour of your trip. Our route takes us along the ancient Silk Road, offering you awesome scenery and breathtaking views that are simply too good to resist.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu (1,350m.) Rest and Relax. O/N at Hotel
Upon arrival in Kathmandu International airport, our tour guide will transfer you to your hotel. At the hotel lobby there will be a short briefing about the tour whilst the guest are having welcome drinks. Later the guest can retire to the allocated rooms for much deserved shower and rest. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu Sightseeing & visa processing. Check the Bike Introduction.
After breakfast in the hotel restaurant, meet at the hotel lobby for your city sightseeing in Kathmandu. We will visit Swambhunath & Durbar Square, Hanuman Dhoka, Kumari Temple Evening free for personal activities. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 03: Ride Kathmandu to Nyalam (3700M) – 158 KM.
Early morning scenic drives to KODARI (Nepal – Tibet border) crossing through the beautiful Nepalese countryside and riding along Bhote Koshi (River from Tibet) and enjoying beautiful views. Go through necessary border formalities both at Nepalese and Chinese immigration, and then drive to Nyalam. Overnight at the Guest House.
Day 04: Ride Nyalam to Tingri (Approx. 152 KM) – Shegar- (4300M)-234 KM.
Drive to Tingri via Lalungla pass from where you can enjoy the beautiful view of Mt Xisapangma (8212m) and Mt. Cho-oyu (8201m) and continue journey to Shegar. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 05: Ride Tingri to Shigatse (3850 M) – 240 KM.
Drive to Shigatse through the beautiful views and crossing over the Gyanchula Pass (5200M) continue Journey to Shigatse. Visit Panchen Lama’s Tashilompu Monastery. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 06: Shigatse
While the permits are being taken care of, proceed for the sightseeing tour of the Panchen Lama’s Tashilhunpo Monastery. The monastery was founded in 1447 by GendunDrup, the first Dalai Lama. It is the seat of the Panchen Lama who comes only second to the Dalai Lama in Tibetan Buddhist Hierarchy. The 5th Dalai Lama declared him his teacher, then the Abbot of Tashilhunpo, a manifestation of the Buddha Amitabha and the Panchen Rinpochhe. Tashilhunpo has one of the world’s largest statues – a 9 storeyed gilded bronze statue of Maitriya, the future Buddha.
Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 07: Ride to Gyantse (3950 M) – Lhasa (3650m) 351km.
Drive to Gyantse, visit Khumbula Stupa and Phalkhor Monastery. Then drive to Lhasa via Yamdrok Lake, and over high passes of Kora la (5010M) and Kambala (4794M). Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 08/09: Two Full Days Sightseeing tour
Two Full Days Sightseeing tour in Lhasa city and around Lhasa. We will be visiting the various interesting sites ( Potala Palace , Sera monastery, Drepung Monastery, Norbulingka palace etc). Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 10: Ride to Shigatse (3850 M) – 260 KM.
Drive through beautiful country side of Tibet, enjoying the beautiful views and explore of local surroundings. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 11: Ride to Shegar (4300 M) – 240 KM.
Drive to Shegar with beautiful views on the horizon and crossing over the Gyanchula Pass (5200M) towards Shegar. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 12: Ride to Everest Base Camp (EBC) (5200 M) – 220 KM.
Scenic drive to Rongbuk through the beautiful Tibetan countryside. Visit Rongbuk Monastery: Rongbuk is claimed to be the highest monastery in the world and explore Everest Base Camp from North Tibet. Overnight at the Guest House.
Day 13: Excursion around Mt. Everest Base Camp and ride to Zhangmu (2300 M) –350 KM.
Ride through beautiful landscape and Tibetan country side crossing via Lalungla pass from where you can enjoy the beautiful views of Mt Xisapangma (8212m) and Mt. Cho-oyu (8201m). Continue journey to Zhangmu. Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 14: Ride Zhangmu to Kathmandu. (1400 M) – 130 KM.
Ride up to Border. After necessary border formalities ride to Kathmandu through the beautiful Nepalese country side and enjoying stunning views.
You will be greeted back by representatives from Nepal who will assist in completing Nepal Customs and Immigration. Afterwards ride 120 Km (4 hours) back to Kathmandu.
Overnight at the Hotel.
Day 15: Final Departure
Free for final departure transfer to the airport for onward flight.
Trip cost: US$ 5144 per person on twin share room. However, if you go for September, we’d happy to offer you 10% discount and for May 15% discount on our proposed rate for the early booking by the end of April.
Single room/ Surcharge cost: US$ 450 per single.
Extra: Tibet/China Visa fee US$ 114 per person. Extra: US$ 95 per person for American Nationals. (subject to change)
Contact us for prices. Groups of any size are welcome. Be sure to specify how many persons are in your party—prices are digressive, so a better value per person for a party of four than a party of two, etc. email us at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us for future departure dates.
Extra: Tibet/China Visa fee US$ 175 for American National
Extra: Tibet/China Visa fee US$ 85 for Other Nationals
Extra: Lhasa/Kathmandu oneway airfare US$ 489 Per Person
– Arrival and Departure Airport transfer in a private car, accompanied by an English speaking representative.
– 3 nights in 3 star Hotel on twin sharing basis in Kathmandu with breakfast and inclusive of all applicable govt. taxes.
– Sightseeing tour of Kathmandu as per the itinerary with a private vehicle and English speaking guide.
– Hotels / Guest House in Tibet on twin sharing (3 star standard Hotels)
– All meals i.e. Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner at Hotels / Guesthouses OR local restaurants on en-route stopovers (in Tibet)
– All entry fees to the sites and monasteries for both Motor bikes and members
– Everest Conservation fee for members, bikes, Crews and vehicle
– All necessary Tibet entry and road permits,
– Motor bike custom entry fee at China custom
– Temporary Motor Bike license and driving license,
– 1 Local Tibetan English speaking guide
– Hire of 500CC Royal Enfield Motorcycle and spare parts of bikes (Whichever applicable) for the entire trip
– One mechanic from Nepal, their accommodation, meals and daily wages.
– Cost of fuel for the bikes and mechanic as well as engine oil top up.
– Back up support of a Truck to carry support staff and clients personal baggage/gears, guide from Tibet.
– Deposit Amount in Chinese Custom (Approx $ 2500)
COST DOES NOT INCLUDE:-
– If fly from Lhasa/Kathmandu Air ticket and Air tax if needed
– Nepal entry & and re-entry of $ 40.00 for 30 days upon arrival at the Kathmandu airport or Nepal Border.
– China/Tibet Visa fee US$ 114 per person. Extra US$ 95 pp for American nationals
– Personal biking clothing including Helmets
– Photography charges for still and Video cameras at Monasteries in Tibet
– Emergency and Evacuation costs, travel / medical insurance / Personal insurance of the riders
– Any extra cost in the event of landslides and personal nature expenses
– Bank transfer fees, cancellation fee if there is unavoidable situation, such as political disturbance, or visa rejection by Chinese Embassy
– Personal nature expenses such as bar bills, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks, extra mileage, personal gratuities such as tips to guides, drivers and Mechanics
– Costs incurred due to natural calamities, strikes, and break downs and beyond the control and its associates.
NOTE: If you are ready to experience and enjoy the freedom of 2 wheel ride adventure with us, We require the details below through e-mail attachment:
Each member’s copy of Colored scanned passports & Photographs.
Each member’s copy of scanned International Driver License.
|Trek Region:||Tibet/Everest||Starts in/ Ends in:||N/A|
|Trek Duration:||15 Days||Type of trek:||Biking.Riding|
Our scheduled group joining Dates:
Kathmandu Arrive Dates: May 7 to Final Departure Dates: May 21, 2019 ( Confirmed ) Space Available
Kathmandu Arrive Dates: Sept 10 to Final Departure Dates: Sept 24, 2019 ( Confirmed ) Space Available
Share your experience during travel
Submit your review