Instead of Following the Dolpo Circuit trek, Upper Dolpo Jomsom Trek takes us to the remote and hidden valley of Nepal. Heading towards the Tibet Border and following till the trail to Jomsom is one of the best parts of trekking in Nepal. Enclave with the Tibetan culture along with the Buddhist religion and following different monasteries is some of the nature of Upper Dolpo Jomsom Trek.
Trekking in Nepal with parikrama Treks is one of the life time opportunities to explore Upper Dolpo Jomsom Trek and gain the high lived experience of 2 decades from our team. We are always after new knowledge which will best suit the trekkers and how to uplift the living standard of the people living in the hidden valley where culture and religions are rich along with the hospitality of the people. Upper Dolpo was firstly introduce to the world by David Snelgrove in his book “Himalayan Piligrimmage” and then by Peter Matthiessen in “The Snow Leopard”. Also we can know it by the superb film “Himalaya” done by Eric Valli.
In the year 1996 Dolpo Region was allowed to be access by the trekkers and since then the inflow of the toursist has been increasing by numbers. Dolop region was firstly introduced in 1996 for trekking and since then lots of route has been formed. Upper Dolpo Jomsom Trek will startfrom Juphal, after two small flights to Nepalgunj on first day and to Jumla on second day. The route goes through high and remote alpine area and passes and finally come to beautiful Shey Phoksundo Lake (3600m). This trek crosses more than eleven mountain passes, seven of them higher than 5,000 m. Thus this is a difficult route compensated however by the beauty of the countryside and kindness of the people. This trekking tour is undoubtly one of the best that can be carried out in the whole of the Himalayas.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathamndu and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Trek preparation day/Climbing permit issue and necessary paperwork arrangements.
Day 03: Kathmandu flight to Nepalgunj (152m)/1 hours and transfer to hotel.
Day 04: Nepalgunj flight to Juphal (2490m). Trek to Dunai (2150m)/4.5 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 05: Trek to Chepka(2670m)/7 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 06: Trek to Renje(3010m)/6 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 07: Trek to Phoksumdo Lake ((3730m)/6 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 08: Rest day for Excursion around Phoksumdo. Camp/home stay.
Day 09: Trek to Chunemba (3630m)/6 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 10: Trek to Lar Tsa (4120m)/6 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 11: Trek to Mendok Ding (4610m)/3 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 12: Trek to Shey Gompa(4390m) /7 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 13: Trek to Namgung(4430m)/6.30 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 14: Trek to Karang (4050m)/6 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 15: Trek to Mugaon (4100m)/7 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 16: Trek to Shimen (4010m)/7 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 17: Trek to Tinje (4150m)/7 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 18: Trek to Rakpa (4530m)/7 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 19: Trek to Rakpa Cross Charka la( 4920m)trek to Chharka (4120m)/6 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 20: Trek to Norbulung ( 4750M)/1 hours: Lodge/teahouse/7 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 21: Trek to Norbulung Cross Sangda la (5460m) trek to Sangda Phedi(5100m)/7 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 22: Trek to Sangda (3700m)/8 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 23: Trek to Dhagarjun (3290m)/8 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 24: Trek to Jomsom (2670m)/6 hours: Camp/home stay.
Day 25: Flight from Jomsom to Pokhara transfer to hotel (820m)/40minutesl.
Day 26: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus and transfer to Hotel.
Day 27: Extra day in Kathmandu: This is a cushion day for eventuality that may arise for delays or cancellation of flight or any other reasons beyond our control. In case everything works out fine than you may have the privilege of using this day for sightseeing around Kathmandu Valley hunting souvenirs or any other option that may interest you. Overnight Hotel.
Day.28. Final Departure, transfer to airport.
Tour Cost: USD 4750.00 Per Person
Kathmandu/Nepalgunj/Juphal: USD 274.00 Per Person
Jomsom/Pokhara/Kathmandu: USD 194.00 Per Person
* All land transfer, arrival and departure as per the itinerary.
* Hotel accommodation with bed and breakfast on Twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
* Food during the trek 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in specified local lodges or prepared by our cook.
* A English speaking experienced & professional trekking guide license holder.
* Porters (1 porter carries the luggage up to 25 kgs of 2 participants during the trek).
* City tours as mentioned in the itinerary with English speaking guide and all land transportation with private car/jeep/van.
* All necessary trekking and climbing related permit including TIMS, National Park Entrance fee and ACAP Fee.
* Insurance, proper warm clothing, shoes, sunglass and daily wages for guide and porter.
* Camping Trek daily wages, Guide, Sherpa helpers, Cook, Kitchen Boys, Porters, with food allowance while trekking.
* Accommodation in 2 men Tents during Trek supported with dinning tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent, Shower tent, Table, chairs and Mattress.
* Necessary kitchen utensils
Service Does not Includes:
* Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu, Nepalgunj or in Pokhara stay
* Personal gears and expenses of personal nature and Personal medical and travel insurance emergency evacuation.
* Hard and any form of soft drinks.
* All confectionary and snacks, Charges for desserts including shower and boiled drinking water,Phone calls, Laundry and Alcoholic beverages etc.
* Any airfare: Domestic International departure taxes and any excess baggage charges.
* Tips and Gratitude for Guides and Porters according to custom of trekking in Nepal.
|Trek Region:||N/A||Starts in/ Ends in:||N/A|
|Trek Duration:||N/A||Type of trek:||N/A|
Share your experience during travel
Submit your review