Everest Ama Dablam Base Camp Trek is one of the most beautiful mountains trek located in Everest region with the altitude of 6,812m. For the westerners it is known by the name “Matterhorn” to westerners. Ama Dablam means “Mother’s necklace”. The long ridges on each side like the arms of a mother (ama) protecting her child, and the hanging glacier thought of as the “dablam”, the traditional double-pendant containing pictures of the gods, worn by Sherpa women.
Ama Dablam base camp trek was organized and climbed first on 13 March 1961 by Mike Gill (NZ), Barry Bishop (USA), Mike Ward (UK) and Wally Romanes (NZ) via the Southwest Ridge. They were well-acclimatized to altitude, having wintered over at 5800 m near the base of the peak as part of the Silver Hut Scientific Expedition of 1960-61, led by Sir Edmund Hillary. Ama Dablam base camp is the third most popular Himalayan peak for permitted expeditions. The most popular route by far is the Southwest Ridge. Climbers typically set up three camps along the ridge with camp 3 just below and to the right of the hanging glacier.
Ama Dablam Base Camp trek and later climbing till this mountain is very technical. During this amadablam trekking we want to give you an opportunity to observe it up close. This trip offers you unforgettable view of the Himalayan range of Khumbu region including Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse Shar and other peaks. Ama Dablam Base Camp trek is designed for adventure lovers and the scenery of the base camp itself will be a fascinating memory. This trek is also an opportunity to know about Sherpa life style, culture and religion in Khmbu valley.
And this with Parikrama Trekking will surely make you one special team as you will experience the best in every aspect including the involvement of the local and tourist as one.
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m), airport pick up, hotel transfer, trip briefing
Day 02: Flight to Lukla (2840m) and 3hrs. Trek to Phakding (2640m)
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazar (6 hrs, 3440m)
Day 04: Acclimatization day. Hike to Everest View Hotel to see the panorama of mountains (Mt. Everest, Mt. Lhoste, Mt.Lhose Shar, Mt. Ama Dablam, Mt. Tabuche). Visit in Khumjung village, Sherpa museum and monastery.
Day 05: Trek to Tyangboche (6 hrs, 3870m), visit in Tyangboche monastery.
Day 06: Trek to Pangboche (2 hrs, 3930m), after lunch hiking around the village
Day 07: Trek to Ama Dablam Base Camp (4600m) and back to Pangboche (6hrs),
Day 08: Trek to Kyanjuma (6hrs,3550m)
Day 09: Trek to Manjo (5hrs, 2800m)
Day 10: Trek to Lukla (6hrs )
Day 11: Flight back to Kathmandu, free afternoon for relaxes.
Day 12: Free afternoon for shopping and relax.
Day 13: Transfer to the airport for final departure.
Please inquiry for price
* All land transfer, arrival and departure as per the itinerary.
* Hotel accommodation with bed and breakfast on Twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
* Food during the trek 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in specified local lodges.
* Tea and coffee (cup) three times daily on trek
* A english speaking experienced & professional trekking guide license holder.
* Porters (1 porter carries the luggage up to 25 kgs of 2 participants during the trek).
* City tours as mentioned in the itinerary with English speaking guide and all land transportation with private car/jeep/van.
* All necessary trekking and climbing related permit including TIMS, National Park Entrance fee and ACAP Fee.
* Insurance, proper warm clothing, shoes, sunglass and daily wages for guide and porter.
* Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu or in Pokhara stay
* Personal gears and expenses of personal nature and Personal medical and travel insurance emergency evacuation.
* Hard and any form of soft drinks, tea/coffee(pot size).
* All confectionary and snacks, Charges for desserts including shower and boiled drinking water,Phone calls, Laundry and Alcoholic beverages etc.
* Any airfare: Domestic International departure taxes and any excess baggage charges.
* Tips and Gratitude for Guides and Porters according to custom of trekking in Nepal
|Trek Region:||N/A||Starts in/ Ends in:||Lukla/Lukla|
|Trek Duration:||13 days (10 days trek)||Type of trek:||Lodge/teahouse|
|Best Season:||March to May and September to November|
Share your experience during travel
Submit your review