Tengboche Mani Rimdu Trek is a Lower Everest festival trek in Nepal. This festival takes place in Tengboche and Chiwong monastery. Mani Rimdu festival trek is a perfect Lower Everest trek while enjoying the festival. This is an authentic sacred festival of high Himalayas Buddhist communities. This festival is one of the biggest festivals in the Buddhist community.
Chiwong Mani Rimdu Trek is a once in a year opportunity to see and explore the unique culture. While on this trek you will enjoy unspoiled rhododendron forests and yak pastures. You will explore the local market with traditional Buddhist culture all around. To make this trek possible we will hike Pikey Peak trail. Later, we join the religious festival in Tengboche or Chiwong monastery.
How is the Mani Rimdu Festival celebrated?
This festival will complete in six preparation process. We start with the construction of sand Mandla. Second, Wong also an opening to the public. Third, is Chamma also known as Mask Dance of demon and god. Forth is an offering of Ser-Kyem (tea) to Dharma guards such as Mahakala. The fifth is a fire puja (Jinsak) to allay all the harm in the world. Sixth is a Chhingpa also a dance to end this festival.
This festival follows the Buddhist lunar calendar to fix the dates. Once decided it falls between mid-October to mid-November.
Highlights of Tengboche Mani Rimdu Festival Trek
- Visit the highest altitude monastery in the world
- Best way to experience the Buddhist festival of High and lower Everest
- Experience cultural and religious way to celebrate Buddhist festival
- Be part of 19 days huge festival with 3 days as the main festival day
- Finish Everest Base Camp trek and join the festival
- A festival to chase demon to bring peace prosperity and development
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu
Upon arrival meet the Parikrama Trekking representative. Transfer to the hotel. We will provide a short briefing about Tengboche Mani Rimdu Trek.
Day 02: Flight to Lukla, Trek to Ghat (2590 m)
Early morning we will have a scenic 35-minute flight to Lukla. We will meet our crew and trek to Ghat.
Day 03: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m / 7 hrs)
Today we will take our footstep to the trekking hub destination of the Everest Region.
Day 04: Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar (3440 m)
We will acclimatize ourselves but will have a short hike to get used to the altitude.
Day 05: Trek to Tengboche (3870 m / 6 hrs)
Today we will trek to Tengboche where we will take part in the festival for 3 nights. Later we will visit Tengboche Monastery to enjoy the first day of the Festival.
Day 06: Second day of Mani Rimdu Festival
Day 07: Third day of Mani Rimdu Festival
Day 08: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m / 6 hrs)
Today we will return all the way back to Namche
Day 09: Trek to Lukla (2800 m 2/3 hrs)
We start descending downhill to Lukla. Later in the evening, we will have a short celebration with our crew.
Day 10: Flight back to Kathmandu
Early Morning catch a flight back to Kathmandu
Day 11: Leisure Day
Today is a free day for you to relax and enjoy the Kathmandu valley.
Day 12: Departure
Tengboche Mani Rimdu Trek Journey Ends.
Trip Cost: Request on firstname.lastname@example.org
Extra: Roundtrip Airfare to Phaplu: US$ 298 Per Person
* All land transfer, arrival, and departure as per the itinerary.
* Hotel accommodation with bed and breakfast on Twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
* Food during the trek 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in specified local lodges or prepared by our cook.
* An English speaking experienced & professional trekking guide license holder.
* Porters (1 porter carries the luggage up to 25 kgs of 2 participants during the trek).
* City tours as mentioned in the itinerary with English speaking guide and all land transportation with private car/jeep/van.
* All necessary trekking and climbing related permit including TIMS, National Park Entrance fee, and ACAP Fee.
* Insurance, proper warm clothing, shoes, sunglass, and daily wages for guide and porter.
* Camping Trek daily wages, Guide, Sherpa helpers, Cook, Kitchen Boys, Porters, with food allowance while trekking.
* Accommodation in 2 men Tents during Trek supported with dinning tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent, Shower tent, Table, chairs and Mattress.
* Necessary kitchen utensils.
* Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu or in Pokhara stay
* Personal gears and expenses of personal nature and Personal medical and travel insurance emergency evacuation.
* Hard and any form of soft drinks, tea/coffee(pot size).
* All confectionary and snacks, Charges for desserts including shower and boiled drinking water, Phone calls, Laundry and alcoholic beverages, etc.
* Any airfare: Domestic International departure taxes and any excess baggage charges.
* Tips and Gratitude for Guides and Porters according to the custom of trekking in Nepal.
| Grade:|| N/A|| Max-Altitude:|| N/A|
| Trek Region:|| N/A|| Starts in/ Ends in:|| N/A|
| Trek Duration:||N/A|| Type of trek:||N/A|
| Best Season:||N/A|
WRITE A REVIEW
Share your experience during travel
Parikrama Trekking Pvt. Ltd.
Average rating: 0 reviews