Lumba Sumba pass trek was first introduced in 2012 for trekking. With the urge to explore new destinations day by day new routes are always brought up to the travelers. Trekking to Lumba Sumba, Nepal is also one that will define the craziness of trekkers. The inflow and outflow of the tourist have changed the view of this place by gaining popularity day by day. With a height of 5200 m, it has become a major tourist attraction. It offers a spectacular Himalayan Landscape, with a different vibe trekking routes. One can encounter people from Sherpas, Gurung, Magar, Rai, Limbu, Newar, and Tamang.
Lumba Sumba pass Trek is an adventurous trek in eastern Nepal. The trek from Fungling to Tumlingtar is appealing to the beautiful Himalayas. The Lumba Sumba trek allows an encounter with endangered plants, birds, and mammals. Furthermore, Lumba Sumba Peak (5200 m) is a major attraction. The trek runs through 2 of the protected area. Kanchenjunga Conservation Area (KCA) and Makalu Barun National Park in the eastern Himalaya.
Trekkers can observe different birds and wildlife species. If lucky, you can even encounter endangered snow leopards and red pandas. Through the route, one can also trek to the base camps of Mt Kanchanjunga (8586 m) and Mt Makalu (8463 m).
Some of the attractions of the tourist lie within this area with Tamor and Arun River. It plays major tributes to the mighty Sapta Koshi River. On the Lumba Sumba Pass trek, we will hike through Alpine Grass Lands, rocky outcrops. Dense temperature with sub-tropical and low valley river along with endangered species. Such adventure for the trekkers makes it the best camping trek.
Day 01: Kathmandu arrival and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Issue trekking permits and preparation for the trek.
Day 03: Fly to Phoomling (Taplejung)
Day 04: Trek to Mithlung (909m)
Day 05: Trek to Chhirwa (1246m)
Day 06: Trek to Lelep (1687m)
Day 07: Trek to Illa Danda (2051m)
Day 08: Trek to Selep Kharka – (2525m)
Day 09: Trek to Olangchung Gola (3208m)
Day 10: Trek to Upper Langmale – (3893m)
Day 11: Trek to Pass camp (4747m)
Day 12: Trek to Chaurikharka (4595m)
Day 13: Trek to Thudam – (3500m).
Day 14: Trek to Kharka (2877m)
Day 15: Trek to Chyamtang – (2229m)
Day 16: Trek to Hatiya – (1595m)
Day 17: Trek to Gola – (1128m)
Day 18: Trek to Hedangna Gadi – (1179m)
Day 19: Short trek to Num and drive to Khandbari – (1020m)
Day 20: Flight to Kathmandu from the domestic airport in Tumlingtar
Day 21: Departure Day
21 Days/Trip Cost: US$ 3058.00 per Person in on Twin/Triple Sharing Basis
* All land transfer, arrival, and departure as per the itinerary.
* Hotel accommodation with bed and breakfast on Twin sharing basis as per the itinerary.
* Food during the trek 3 meals a day (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in specified local lodges or prepared by our cook.
* An English speaking experienced & professional trekking guide license holder.
* Porters (1 porter carries the luggage up to 25 kgs of 2 participants during the trek).
* City tours as mentioned in the itinerary with English speaking guide and all land transportation with private car/jeep/van.
* All necessary trekking and climbing related permit including TIMS, National Park Entrance fee, and ACAP Fee.
* Insurance, proper warm clothing, shoes, sunglass, and daily wages for guide and porter.
* Camping Trek daily wages, Guide, Sherpa helpers, Cook, Kitchen Boys, Porters, with food allowance while trekking.
* Accommodation in 2 men Tents during Trek supported with dinning tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent, Shower tent, Table, chairs and Mattress.
* Necessary kitchen utensils
* Lunch and dinner while in Kathmandu or in Pokhara stay
* Personal gears and expenses of personal nature and Personal medical and travel insurance emergency evacuation.
* Hard and any form of soft drinks.
* All confectionary and snacks, Charges for desserts including shower and boiled drinking water, Phone calls, Laundry and Alcoholic beverages, etc.
* Any airfare: Domestic International departure taxes and any excess baggage charges.
* Tips and Gratitude for Guides and Porters according to the custom of trekking in Nepal.
|Grade:||moderate to strenuous||Max-Altitude:||4747m|
|Trek Region:||N/A||Starts in/ Ends in:||Phoomling/Tumlingtar|
|Trek Duration:||21 days (18 days trek)||Type of trek:||Lodge/teahouse|
|Best Season:||March to May and September to November|
Share your experience during travel
Submit your review